Conservative Court?

Sean Wilson whoooo26505 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 17:57:40 PST 2005

First of all, I indicated more than one meaning for liberalism: (1) permissiveness and (2) an american political pathology.  Actually, number 2 is jargon -- it is a technical, scientific use of term. Let me ask you this: do you dispute the proposition that the content of ideology is constructed rather than the product of philosophical method? You don't dispute that ideology is generated for the purpose of rationalizing winners and losers in the political system, right?

The question then becomes simple: why concern ourself with the content of political ideas if those ideas service some other objective? Why not just measure the other objective?