Iraqi and American democracy

Nelson Lund nelsonlund at erols.com
Sun Jun 12 14:55:35 PDT 2005

Suppose someone made the following assertions:

"1) The CIA is responsible for spreading AIDS in the black community;
and 2) Bill Clinton committed treason."

If someone else denied these propositions (both of which have, I
believe, been "widely reported"), I wouldn't suppose that the second
person had thereby assumed the burden of disproving them. Nevertheless,
in order to conform with this demand for absolute precision, let me
amend my initial statement as follows:

Having followed the events in question fairly closely, I am unaware of
any evidence that a "riot" occurred or that the protesters were "seeking
to stop the counting of votes." In my opinion, those who make such
accusations have a duty to prove them, and I look forward to seeing what
proof Professor Laycock has to offer.

Nelson Lund