Where's the passion in the opposition to Roberts?

Earl Maltz emaltz at camden.rutgers.edu
Mon Jul 25 03:20:58 PDT 2005

"barely qualified or unqualified?"  All Clarence Thomas did, prior to his
brief service on the United States Court of Appeals for the District of
Columbia, was to head an agency charged with administering a major federal
statute for nine years.  For much of the twentieth century, such experience
was considered excellent preparation for service on the Court.  The case
for Janice Rogers Brown on the experience issue is even clearer; she served
for a decade on the most important state supreme court in the country.

One could plausibly oppose both Thomas and Rogers Brown because their views
might be seen as extreme.  But unqualified? Please.