Ashcroft II

Mark Kende mark.kende at DRAKE.EDU
Tue Feb 22 16:14:29 PST 2005

Does anyone know the status of Ashcroft II which was remanded.  124 S.Ct.
2783 (2004). This is the Internet speech case involving the Child On-line
Protection Act.  Was there or is there going to be a trial in the district
court?  Any help would be appreciated as soon as possible.  Offline replies
are fine.  Thanks! Mark Kende

At 11:21 AM 1/28/2005, Paul Finkelman wrote:
>Tulsa Law REview had one a few years ago and it led to a book edited by
>our former dean, Martin H. Belsky.
>
>Thomas Keck wrote:
>>
>>I'm trying to come up with a reasonably comprehensive list of published
>>law journal symposia on the Rehnquist Court. This would include symposia
>>addressing the Court as a whole, symposia addressing one particular theme
>>in the Court's jurisprudence (e.g., the 2001 Duke LJ symposium on "the
>>Constitution in exile"), and symposia addressing one particularly
>>significant Rehnquist Court decision (e.g., the 1995 Michigan LR
>>symposium on U.S. v. Lopez).
>>
>>If anyone would like to promote (or self-promote) your favorite such
>>symposium, now's your chance. If you send your replies off-list, I'd be
>>happy to post a summary to the list.
>>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>--
>>Thomas M. Keck
>>Department of Political Science
>>Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs
>>100 Eggers Hall, Syracuse University
>>Syracuse, NY 13244-1090
>>(315) 443-5862 (ofc)
>>(315) 443-9082 (fax)
>><http://faculty.maxwell.syr.edu/tmkeck/>http://faculty.maxwell.syr.edu/tmkeck/

>>Please note that messages sent to this large list cannot be viewed as
>>private.  Anyone can subscribe to the list and read messages that are
>>posted; people can read the Web archives; and list members can (rightly
>>or wrongly) forward the messages to others.<
>>  /pre>
>

>--
>Paul Finkelman
>Chapman Distinguished Professor of Law
>University of Tulsa College of Law
>3120 East 4th Place
>Tulsa, OK   74104-3189
>
>918-631-3706 (office)
>918-631-2194 (fax)
>
><mailto:paul-finkelman at utulsa.edu>paul-finkelman at utulsa.edu

>private.  Anyone can subscribe to the list and read messages that are
>posted; people can read the Web archives; and list members can (rightly or
>wrongly) forward the messages to others.

Professor Mark Kende
Director, Constitutional Law Center
James Madison Chair, Drake Law School
2507 University Ave.