New York Court Decision to Reject Ban on Same-sex Marriage

Paul Finkelman paul-finkelman at utulsa.edu
Sat Feb 5 08:03:47 PST 2005

I have not seen the decision, but the New York Supreme Court (which I
understand heard the case) is  a  TRIAL Court, not an appeallate court;
so, if it is was the Supreme Cpurt in NYC, it would only apply,
probably, to just that county (New York County) and not even the rest of
New York City.  If the case as in Brooklyn, then it would apply only to
Kings County, and in Queens, to Queens Co., etc..  this assumes it was
Supreme Court trial.

(But it has been a decade since I lived in NY, so perhaps all of this is
wrong!)

Paul Finkelman

--
Paul Finkelman