More from the Washington Post

Matthew J. Franck mfranck at radford.edu
Sat Dec 10 08:20:59 PST 2005

Now I know Sandy woke up on the wrong side of the bed this
morning.  He has now moved from his recent reliance on public opinion
polls for criticizing our fixed election calendar, to complaining
that when a president defends an eminently defensible policy while
speaking before those individuals charged with carrying it out, he is
acting in an "unconstitutional" manner, indeed a "profoundly"
unconstitutional manner.  I suppose Sandy thinks that it really was a
proper impeachment article against Andrew Johnson that he went out to
the country and (horrors!) gave speeches.

Matt
***************************
Matthew J. Franck
Professor and Chairman