Supreme Court Justices and Internet Legal Research

Scott Gerber s-gerber at onu.edu
Wed Apr 20 07:16:12 PDT 2005

Justice Kennedy should be commended, rather than criticized, for doing
his own legal research.  I wish more judges did their own research.
(I'm not saying a judge shouldn't read lawyers' briefs or law clerks'
memos, but at the end of the day it is the judge's decision that
controls.)

Scott Gerber
Law College
Ohio Northern University