The End of the Electoral College?

Chambers, Henry hchamber at richmond.edu
Fri Oct 15 08:43:21 PDT 2004

Eliminating the Electoral College would get really fun really fast, at
least for some of us.  Question:  if we eliminated the Electoral College
and went to a popular vote, would we need a national law on voter
eligibility for presidential elections or could each state determine for
itself who could vote in presidential elections?  On a more concrete
level, would each state be required to treat the issue of felon
disfranchisement in the same way for presidential election purposes?

-Hank

Henry L. Chambers, Jr., Professor of Law
University of Richmond
28 Westhampton Way
Richmond, VA 23173
804-289-8199