Justice Scalia's Use of Tradition in Lee v. Weisman and Casey

Paul Finkelman paul-finkelman at utulsa.edu
Sat Nov 27 12:35:02 PST 2004

David Wanger writes (below) that Madison may be an "unreliable guide to
original intent " --  but what about the other framers in Congress, who
all denounce originalism as a guide to anything, as Madison later does?
 If the framers had meant us to look at their intentions why did they
refuse to provide us with a record of their debates so we might
understand their intentions?

Paul Finkelman

--
Paul Finkelman