dvd players/vehicles

Douglas Laycock DLaycock at mail.law.utexas.edu
Wed May 5 15:26:20 PDT 2004

         What they ought to ban is any DVD player in the front seat.

         Erzoznick (sp?) v. Jacksonville holds that the government could
not ban nudity at drive in theaters to protect drivers passing by.  That
would have been a lot more visible than a DVD screen in the next car at the
red light.  But whether the current Court would adhere to Erzoznick
requires more political guess than legal analysis.