Judeo-Christian Ethic

Malla Pollack mpollack at law.uoregon.edu
Thu Feb 26 11:49:10 PST 2004

That very solidarity with Jews assumes that the values Christians consider to come from Judaism are accurately Jewish.

Whether anyone using the term "Judeo-Christian" means to insult Jews or not, the term is considered insulting.  Judaism is not a mere prefix.  The fact that I care enough about this to bring it to the list's attention should speak for itself.

I see  no point in continuing this discussion on list.  Those who wish to actually respect Judaism will follow my advice and substitute "Christian," "Biblical", "Jewish and Christian" or some other variant. Those who don't, well I won't start a campaign to make them sit in the back of the bus.

Malla Pollack
Visiting, Univ. of Oregon, Law
541-346-1599
mpollack at law.uoregon.edu