What is sexual orientation?

Volokh, Eugene VOLOKH at law.ucla.edu
Thu Feb 19 13:21:06 PST 2004

	David's request is quite sensible.  My recollection is that I read
this claim in a reputable book on evolutionary psychology, but I realize
that this isn't much of a citation.  My guess is that the most indicative
(though not dispositive) studies would be on behavior among other mammals.
As I vaguely recall from my readings, many mammals (though I'm sure not all)
have strong incest taboos; since these would presumably be innate and
biological rather than socially constructed, we can infer that similar
taboos in human societies likewise have biological sources.  But again I
second David's request for more specific information, if anyone should have
any.