"Do Not Call" - the constitutional answer?

Marty Lederman marty.lederman at comcast.net
Tue Feb 17 15:11:10 PST 2004

The Tenth Circuit today, reaching the merits, held that the regs do not violate the First Amendment, and are otherwise lawful and authorized:  http://www.ca10.uscourts.gov/opinions/03-1429.pdf.  (Thanks to Howard Bashman for the link.)  The court's attempts to distinguish Discovery Network appear on pages 27-39 and 38-39 -- I find those distinctions a bit underwhelming, but not at all surprising.