Clarence Thomas as Bill Clinton?

Scott Gerber s-gerber at ONU.EDU
Tue Oct 9 08:43:28 PDT 2001

I'll be interested to read the book.  The Weekly Standard article from
which it sprang isn't very good.

The paperback edition of my 1999 NYU Press book, First Principles:  The
Jurisprudence of Clarence Thomas, will be published in the spring.  It will
include a new Afterword in which I discuss Justice Thomas's performance,
and the reaction to his performance, since his acclimation period ended.
There has been some change on the Left to Justice Thomas's performance,
although the attached newspaper story isn't an example of it.  However, the
story is an example of how much attention Justice Thomas continues to
receive:  _far_ more than any other member of the Rehnquist Court (at least
in quantitative terms).

Best wishes,
Scott Gerber