an ironic chuckle

Leslie Goldstein lesl at UDEL.EDU
Wed Apr 18 17:14:30 PDT 2001

a propos of our recent judical megalomania discussions, I came across
the following passage today , and it did eleicit an ironic chuckle.  And
it was only 20 years ago!  Time flies when you're having fun....
It is from Rehnquist (not yet chief at the time ) in "Rostker v.
Goldberg":

"Whenever called upon to judge the constitutionality of an Act of
Congress--`the gravest and most delicate duty that this Court is called
upon to perform,' the Court accords `great weight to the decisions of
Congress.'..."

sigh, who woulda thought I'd look back nostalgically to the 80s!
Leslie