No subject

Frank Cross crossf at MAIL.UTEXAS.EDU
Mon Jun 5 16:27:01 PDT 2000

I'm not sure that I see the freedom of association parallel between
the Boy Scouts and the ACLU.  The Scouts are trying to exclude a
group entirely, which raises the association issue.  A group with
quotas for offices seems to raise the association issue only obliquely.
Say the ACLU has quotas for women officers, but lets any man
join and a good number of them be officers.  How is there a
freedom of association argument?  They've chosen to associate
freely with men.

Frank Cross
Herbert D. Kelleher Centennial Professor of Business Law
CBA 5.202
University of Texas at Austin
Austin, TX 78712