victimless activities - a little public health info

Goldstein Goldstein2 at COMPUSERVE.COM
Mon Mar 22 02:18:22 PST 1999

a tiny comment on Richards' helpful post--the extra susceptibility of
children to disease germs, as I understand it, is the reason that before
hospitals became user friendly most of them used to refuse to allow
children to visit patients (I'm talking about the 1950s).  It seems from
his post like this would be a good idea, as it would also be a good idea to
shut down all bathhouses.  Would the federal commerce clause permit a
FEDERAL law doing the latter, on the grounds that serious epidemics destroy
our labor force.?