[BruinRotaract] Rotaract Minutes (sort of) Week #10

jmbaker at ucla.edu jmbaker at ucla.edu
Thu Dec 2 11:30:26 PST 2010

Hey Rotaractors! There was no meeting this week, but there are still a
few events to finish off the quarter if you're lucky enough to be
available during Finals Week and also a couple upcoming events that it
couldn't hurt to be aware of for next quarter:

--City of Angels Toy Sorting (Fri., Dec. 10th through Sat., Dec.
11th)!! The Los Angeles 5 Rotary Club will be attending the sorting of
toys to over 5,000 underserved families of LA! To RSVP, please email
the volunteer coordinator Marjorie Heller @ <2majorieheller at gmail.com>
and contact Jenn @ <jenniferleeucla at gmail.com> for transportation
information. Please also see attached flyer for more details :).

--Annual District 5280 Family Toys for Tecate Sorting/Holiday Social
(Sun., Dec. 12th at noon at the Hacienda Hotel (courtyard) [by LAX] &
ice skating following immediately at the Toyota Sports Center in El
Segundo)! Please see attached flyer for more details :). Please RSVP
to the District Social Chair Portia Martinez @ <portiam15 at yahoo.com>
and contact Jenn @ <jenniferleeucla at gmail.com> for transportation
information.

--Toys for Tecate District Rotaract 5280 International Service Trip!!
Help deliver toys to Tecate Stadium (Jan. 8th - 9th [end of 1st
Week])!! We will be crossing the border so you will at least need a
passport. More info will be available soon so be on the lookout :).

--District Trip to Dominican Republic (Feb. 17 - 21)!! Please register
for the District 5280 International Humanitarian Trip! The total cost
is $1600, but Rotary will partially sponsor those who attend (at least
$100 depending on how many people go) :). Last day to register/pay
cost in full is Dec. 15th. For more info visit
<www.clubrunner.ca/Data/5280//HTML/98392//DRregistrationformv2.pdf> or
contact Josh at <jgoldman63 at gmail.com> for more details.

--Please join the Rotaract Dance Marathon Team!! Dance Marathon will
take place Feb. 19th to 20th in Ackerman Grand Ballroom. For our
club's team we will need both dancers & moralers so please save the
date!! To register please visit
<http://support.pedaids.org/site/TR/Events/General/1807614467?pg=team&fr_id=1040&team_id=1110> and for more details on what Dance Marathon is all about please visit <bruindancemarathon.org>. Also: Early Dancer Registrations ends TOMORROW! Save $10 by signing up by the end of Dec.
3rd.

--There will be another Reading to Kids event on Sat. Dec. 11th!! If
you will still be on campus (this will be the Saturday after Finals
Week) please attend! Contact Jenn @ <jenniferleeucla at gmail.com>.

Next Meeting:

--For the first meeting of Winter Quarter, we will be meeting in
Kerchoff 135 @ 6PM on Wednesday, Jan. 5th :).

Good luck during Finals Week and have a restful and/or exciting Winter Break!

--Josefa :)
Rotaract Secretary