[Avrora] TelosB in Avrora: Serial Port working

Urs Hunkeler urs.hunkeler at epfl.ch
Sun Jan 30 05:01:13 PST 2011

Hi,

The biggest problem I had for the MSP430 simulator was with the sub
instruction. I didn't quite understand how the flags are supposed to
work, and the implementation in the CVS didn't seem to work properly.
Now I have verified the proper operation by writing a test program that
would try a combination of all 256 values for both operands for the
8-bit instruction (sub.b) and then would send a message over the serial
port with the result and the flags in the status register. I then wrote
the results from the program running on the simulator and on real
hardware to two separate files and compared them (with diff). Looks like
I finally understand how the flags work, the two files are identical :-).

Zainul, do you have push access to the Avrora CVS repository? What would
you like to do with the MSP430 simulator?

Cheers,
Urs