[Avrora] Avrora MSP430 and CC2420

Urs Hunkeler urs.hunkeler at epfl.ch
Tue Jan 25 08:45:11 PST 2011

Hi everybody,

I got a bit further and have now the hardware multiplier and the USARTs
(SPI mode only) implemented. While trying to get the CC2420 to work with
TinyOS 2.x on the TelosB platform (test application is
RadioCountToLeds), it appears that the TinyOS code for the TelosB waits
for interrupts on the CCA pin. I managed to implement interrupt
notifications for the startup phase (waiting for the oscillator to
start), but I am unsure whether interrupts are really needed for the
actual clear-channel assessment, and if so how to implement them best,
as the current approach is to assess the channel only when requested and
the assessment algorithm looks pretty heavy. Any ideas or suggestions?

Cheers,
Urs