[Avrora] using Collection In avrora
royshea at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 11:02:37 PST 2009
> I wonder whether someone has used avrora to simulate an application
> that uses Collection component or not.
Yup. I've had great success using Avrora to simulate
MultihopOscilloscope, which uses the Collection component, using
multihop network topologies.
> it seems to me avrora completely works wrong in Collection Protocol and
> frankly speaking it does not work.
This looks like two problems:
(1) Collection protocol not working on Avrora
(2) Avrora simply not working
Since (2) is going to be required for (1), let's try to get (2) figured
out first. Can you be a bit more specific on why it appears that Avrora
is not working?
A great test to begin with is getting the Blink application up and
running. This is a good sanity check that you built and are running
A second test is to get RadioCountToLeds up and running. This ensures
that you are able to correctly simulate multi node systems that
communicate using the simulated radio channel.
>From that base it is an easy step to get MultihopOscilloscope up and
Let us know where things stop working for you and we may be able to
help. Be sure to include:
- What version of Avrora you're using (I recommend the source forge CVS
- The command line you are using to run Avrora
- Relevant parts of config files (like network topology) being using in
- Which application you are simulating
Best of luck!
More information about the Avrora