[Avrora] Monitor packet to serial

Roy roy at cs.hmc.edu
Tue Aug 21 00:55:23 PDT 2007

Howdy,

Here is the black magic that I use for this when simulating SOS on the
mica2 platform:

----
java -server avrora/Main -banner=false -colors=true -platform=mica2 \
    -simulation=sensor-network -monitors=serial,real-time \
    -show-packets=true\
    -show-tree-packets=true \
    -ports=1:0:8314 \
    -nodecount=2 -update-node-id=true -sections=.data,.text,.sos_bls \
    -topology=topo.def \
    -sensor-data="light":0:light.dat \
    app.od
----

To be honest, I don't know what a lot of the flags do :-)  I'm gussing
the combination of "monitors=serial" and "ports=1:0:8314" is doing
what you want.  I think that ports=X:Y:Z results in node X having its
UART number Y associated with TCP socket 8314.  You can then receive
and send serial data to node X via the local socket Z.

Hope this holds you over until a better answer comes along :-)

Peace,
-Roy