[Avrora] New user...

Larry Battraw lbattraw at insightbb.com
Sat Jan 29 17:55:12 PST 2005

  Thanks for the help, Ben.  I get further now after:
avr-objdump -j .text -j .data -zhD simple.elf > simple.od

  Avrora now goes to the "listening on port..." portion and waits for a
connection from gdb.  I start avr-gdb and after connecting I run into my
next problem:
avr-gdb simple.elf
GNU gdb 6.3
This GDB was configured as "--host=i686-pc-linux-gnu --target=avr"...
(gdb)  target remote :10001
Remote debugging using :10001
Protocol error: p packet not recognized by stub
(gdb) break main
Remote communication error: Connection reset by peer.

  Avrora quits with an error at this point:
GDBServer listening on port 10001...
Simulation terminated: Program error: access to "program" out of bounds
at 0x00FE
Simulated time: 0 cycles
Time for simulation: 13.295 seconds
Simulator throughput: 0.0 mhz

  I note that in the example on the site you use a different version of
gdb (cvs-pre6.0-tinyos), so I'm not sure if there's compile-time option
or patch I'm missing.