[Avrora] Trip Time Monitor

Ram Kumar Rengaswamy ram at ee.ucla.edu
Tue Dec 6 16:32:21 PST 2005

Hi,
      Thanks for the clarification about the interrupt monitors. I
have a couple of questions about the trip-time monitor.

1. What happens if an interrupt arrives when the program is executing
between a pair of addresses whose trip time I am interested in
measuring ?
     Does the trip-time monitor also add the interrupt service
routine overhead to the trip time ?

2. I have a subroutine with multiple rets. What would be the correct
way to profile the execution time of this subroutine ? I am currently
passing a list of pairs as follows:
  -pairs=<sub_start>:<ret#1>,<sub_start>:<ret#2>

Thanks,
-Ram