Required Clerkship Coordinators - “REQCRSCOORD” LISTSERV GUIDELINES
The David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA maintains the “ReqCrsCoord” listserv (electronic mailing lists) of student coordinators for required clerkships to support official curricular and administrative communications.
OWNERSHIP: The Dean of Student Affairs (Lee T. Miller, MD) and the Dean of Curricular Affairs (Neveen El-Farra, MD) are the owners of the list. Any questions or concerns regarding its use can be directed to email@example.com.
MEMBERSHIP: The membership list is managed by Gezelle Miller and Jason Bergschneider. Any changes to the list can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
OFFICIAL USERS OF THE LISTS
Only student coordinators of required clerkships and staff from the offices of Student Affairs and Curricular Affairs are authorized to use the list. Companies, charities, religious organizations, etc. cannot use the list.
LISTSERV RULES AND ETIQUETTE:
Appropriate professional etiquette is expected of the ReqCrsCoord list members and official users of the lists.
• The "ReqCrsCoord" list is private and moderated.
• Authors of emails sent to the list should use a "signature block" or sign their email.
• Follow any and all guidelines that the list owner has posted; the list owner establishes the local "netiquette" standards for her/his list.
• If another person posts a comment or question that is inappropriate, do NOT reply to the list.
• When quoting another person, edit out whatever isn't directly applicable to your reply.
• Don't let your automatic reply quote the entire body of messages you are replying to when it's not necessary. Take the time to edit any quotations down to the minimum necessary to provide context for your reply.
• Use discretion when forwarding a long mail message to group addresses or distribution lists. It's preferable to reference the source of a document and provide instructions on how to obtain a copy. If you must post a long message, warn the readers with a statement at the top of the mail message. Example: WARNING: LONG MESSAGE. Remember, long message or large attachments can fill your email account and keep you from receiving important curricular/administrative emails.
• When posting a question to the list, request that responses be directed to you personally. Post a summary or answer to your question to the group.
• When replying to a message, check the address to be certain it's going to the intended location (person or group).
HELP: For assistance with, or questions regarding ReqCrsCoord list, contact email@example.com.
To see the collection of prior postings to the list,
visit the ReqCrsCoord
(The current archive is only available to the list