ELECTCRSCOORD LISTSERVE GUIDELINES
The David Geffen School of Medicine at UCLA maintains the ElectCrsCoord listserve (electronic mailing lists). This listserv is comprised of the student coordinators for elective clerkships to support official curricular and administrative communications.
OWNERSHIP: The Dean for Student Affairs (Neil Parker, M.D.) is the owner of the list. Any questions or concerns regarding its use can be directed to the custodians of the list, Gezelle Miller (310-825-3848, email@example.com)or Jason Bergschneider (310-825-7007, firstname.lastname@example.org).
MEMBERSHIP: Gezelle Miller and Jason Bergschneider manage the membership list. Any changes to the list should be sent to Gezelle or Jason.
OFFICIAL USERS OF ELECTCRSCOORD: Only course chairs, Office of Student Affairs, Center for Educational Development and Research, and members of the list may use the list. Companies, charities, religious organizations, etc may not use this list.
LISTSERVE RULES AND ETIQUETTE:
• Appropriate professional etiquette is expected of all list members and official users of the lists.
• The " ElectCrsCoord " list is private and unmoderated.
• Authors of emails sent to the lists should use a "signature block" or sign their email.
• When using ElectCrsCoord, do not include other e-mail addresses with the listserv address. If too many e-mail addresses are included with the listserv address, the e-mail may be kicked back. To avoid this problem, you should to re-send the e-mail to the other addressees.
• Follow any and all guidelines that the listowner has posted; the listowner establishes the local "netiquette" standards for her/his list.
• If another person posts a comment or question that is inappropriate, do NOT reply to the list.
• When quoting another person, edit out whatever isn't directly applicable to your reply. Don't let your automatically quote the entire body of messages you are replying to when it's not necessary. Take the time to edit any quotations down to the minimum necessary to provide context for your reply. Nobody likes reading a long message in quotes for the third or fourth time, only to be followed by a one line response: "Yeah, me too."
• Use discretion when forwarding a long mail message to group addresses or distribution lists. It's preferable to reference the source of a document and provide instructions on how to obtain a copy. If you must post a long message, warn the readers with a statement at the top of the mail message. Example: WARNING: LONG MESSAGE. Remember, long message or large attachments can fill your email account and keep you from receiving important curricular/administrative emails.
• When posting a question to the list, request that responses be directed to you personally. Post a summary or answer to your question to the group.
• When replying to a message, check the address to be certain it's going to the intended location (person or group).
HELP: For assistance with, or questions regarding the ElectCrsCoord list, contact Gezelle Miller (310-825-3848, email@example.com) or (310-825-7007, firstname.lastname@example.org)
To see the collection of prior postings to the list,
visit the ElectCrsCoord
(The current archive is only available to the list
Subscribe to ElectCrsCoord by filling out the following
You will be sent email requesting confirmation, to
prevent others from gratuitously subscribing you. This is a private list, which means that the
list of members is not available to non-members.